Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Travel Feature Story on Topgolf

During Spring Break, I went to Topgolf in North Charleston, SC for the first time with my mom. Topgolf isn't just for golf fans, but its also for people who don't consider golf to be their main sport or activity, such as myself. Topgolf balls have trackers inside of them that let you know which ball is yours. When the ball enters any of the ten targets, which all vary in size with the largest ones located further down the field, the tracker tells the screen that you are standing next to how many points you get from hiting that target. 

Also, there are many differnet games at Topgolf that you can choose from. These include Topgolf (which is my current favorite) Angry Birds, Quick 9, TopScore, TopShot, Jewl Jam, as well as many others. There are 14 Topgolf games in total. You can also play minigolf at Topgolf, but in my oppinion I liked Topgolf (the game) way more than minigolf. In order to get a highscore in Topgolf (the game) you have to hit golfballs towards the farthest targets. The closer the target, the lower the points you will get.

According to https://topgolf.com/us/charleston/, "Prices are per hour, per bay. Each bay accommodates up to 6 players. Prices do not include tax." For my mom and I, I paid $19.95 for 2 hours of gameplay. For lunch, I ate two sets of french fries which equaled $9.05, and my mother ate a Black Bean Veggie Patty which cost $12.05. To learn more information about the Topgolf Menu, you can visit https://s3.topgolf.com/uploads/pdf/menus/Topgolf_Menu_TierA_National.pdf.

To learn more information about Topgolf in North Charleston, SC, you can vist there website https://topgolf.com/us/charleston/.




Below you can see some photos from my first vist at Topgolf


A wideshot view of one of the Topgolf bays as well as the targets players can aim for.








Here are a few Topgolfer's taking a swing. One of the players next to me way swinging so hard that the sound of the ball being hit scared me lol.

















This is me taking a swing. When I did a practice session, the screen that tracked the golfballs told me that I got 222 points, so I felt pretty good about my score, especailly since it was my first time going to Topgolf!



















My mother took a couple of swings and we both had a great time watching each other do our best to get as many points as we could. I even gave my mother a few pointers that I learned in one of my highschool PE classes when it came to swinging the golf club the right way. 






















Notice the golfclub that is circled in this picture. After I hit a couple of golfballs, I noticed that a golfclub was laying onto the course one floor below us. Either someone could not control the power of their golf swing, or they threw their golf club onto the course in frustration lol. 




















Below you can find photos of differnet parts of the Topgolf building in North Charleston, SC. 

If you want to see more photos, you can find them at https://topgolf.com/us/charleston/gallery/.



Hitting Bays with Lounge Seating 

















First Floor Bar

 















Bar Restaurant 







                             



  


Outdoor Patio

















Rooftop Terrace 




No comments:

Post a Comment

How to succeed as an athlete at SC State University?

Between homework, campus clubs, internships, and many other college related situations that athletes have to focus on, I wanted to know how ...