Monday, October 9, 2023

Breaking/Spot News Story - How to maintain and increase college students health and wellness

Many college students know that college life is stressful. Between assignments, projects, quizzes, final exams, and not getting enough sleep, college can be a lot to deal with at times. Knowing how stressful college can be at times, I asked two SC State students a few questions considering their health and wellness. I asked Jared Toby Kirksey if he considers his health and wellness an important aspect of his life. His response was, As an athlete my health and wellness are very important parts of my life, I have to maintain a certain weight and try to limit myself with going overboard regarding bad foods because I know depending on what you eat you can feel like that in your next game or practice. I asked Emanuel Washington if he considers his health and wellness an important aspect of his life. His response was, “Yes, I consider health and wellness important in my life. I think it’s imperative that one takes their health seriously, especially while still young. The older we get the more we have to maintain our bodies, but if you never did that when you were younger it would be much harder. Overall, being healthy promotes longevity, less joint pain, better cardiovascular health, etc."

 Jared Kirksey


Click the link below to watch his interview 

Jared Kirksey - Health and Wellness


            Click the link below to hear the audio version of this interview

            https://on.soundcloud.com/4H6mf  

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to succeed as an athlete at SC State University?

Between homework, campus clubs, internships, and many other college related situations that athletes have to focus on, I wanted to know how ...